How To Check BVN Date Of Birth Online | Correct & Updates Your BVN Details
Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a 11 digit number was introduced in Nigeria in other to curbed all forms of financial fraud and theft. The BVN serve as your universal identity (ID) in all the banks and financial institution within the country. Each person has a unique BVN for all his/her bank account(s).
Many people have experienced issues concerning their BVN details which include, a wrong date of birth or names. This problem can really affect you in the banking sector when your BVN details is different from your bank details.
Try as much as possible to avoid any form of mistake when feeling out forms for a new bank account or other forms that require your BVN number (If you already have BVN). Make sure the names and dates of birth details you give correspond with the one on your BVN.
How To Check BVN Date Of Birth 2018
To check your BVN date of birth and details, all you need to visit the Bank is to enroll with or any of the Bank branch you have an account with.
- First, copy your BVN number. Dial the code *565*0# using the mobile number you registered with.
- Copy the code and visits any of the Bank branches to check your BVN Date of birth and other info. If you have an account with GTBank, dial *737*6*1# to check your BVN number.
How To Correct and Update Your BVN Details
To update your BVN or makes some corrections which can be a name, date of birth and phone number, you will need the following documents.
- For change the date of birth: Birth certificate.
- To change names and other details due to marriage: Marriage certificate as a proof.
- For a change of names, phone number: You will need an international passport, national identity card or voters card showing the correct name.
After you have all the requirements above, take them to any of your bank branches and they will attend to you.
Hint To Note: There is no method, for now, to know your BVN details without going to the bank because all BVN database is secured (Correct me if I’m wrong).
How to Check your BVN Number
You can only check your BVN number with this code *565*0# both on MTN, Airtel, Glo, and 9Mobile. After that, a charge of N20 will be deducted from your account and the 11 digit number will be sent to you.