For Samsung Galaxy S5 mini users, you can run Latest Android 8.0 Oreo ROM on your smartphone without Lineage OS 15. Thanks to the ROK Developer ” hennymcc ” who released Oreo 8.0 Lineage 15.0 Unofficial ROM for Galaxy S5 Mini.
Although it comes with Android Kitkat UI, you can enjoy Android Oreo features on your smartphone.
Lineage OS 15 is mainly focused on battery backup and security. LineageOS is perfect for daily usage, very smooth and optimized. Android 8.0 Oreo ROM can installed via Custom Recovery like TWRP, so you need to install TWRP recovery on Galaxy S5 Mini. If you already installed recovery then let’s begin with the tutorial. Install Lineage OS 15 On Galaxy S5 Mini and enjoy the experience of Oreo.
Features of LineageOs 15 for S5 Mini
- HW accelerated GUI
- Hardware sensors (Orientation, Compass, Proximity, Acceleration, Hall sensor, Step counter)
- Light sensor (needed for auto-brightness)
- Mobile Data
- MTP storage
What’s not working:
- Initiate and receive calls
- Flash Light
Galaxy S5 Mini Supported device:
- It erases everything on your device so, creates a full backup of your device.
- Need to install a custom recovery on your device.
- Your device at least to 40-50% charge for flashing.
- Download Lineage OS 15 ROMand Gapps file.
- Read the instructions carefully.
How to Install Lineage OS 15 for Samsung S5 mini
- First, Download ” lineage-15.0-x-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte.zip ” and ” Gapps.zip “ from the link below
- Copy both files to your device.
- Switch off your phone and enter recovery mode.
- In recovery go to ” Wipe And Format Option ⇒ Wipe Data, Cache And Dalvik Cache ” via recovery.
- Now back to recovery menu and go to Install.
- Then navigate to the lineage-15.0-x-UNOFFICIAL-kminilte.zip file, and swipe for flashing.
- When the process Completes, again click on install then install Gapps file.
- Then reboot your device.
Note: The first-time Reboot will take 4-5 minutesto boot, don’t interrupt the process.